Frequently Asked Questions
Please review the frequently asked questions below. If you don’t find the answer to your question, feel free to contact Lisa Gold, FNP via email, or set up a FREE 15 minute chat.
Scheduling & Visits
What Are The Restrictions On Virtual Doctor's Visits?
Scheduling & Cancellations
There is a 24-hour cancellation policy for all appointments with an Lisa Gold, FNP, your health coach, or resource team member. Unless there is a true emergency, canceling within 24-hours will result in a $20 charge to the credit card on file. Likewise if we need to reschedule you in less than 24 hours for non-emergent reasons, we will credit your account with $20.
No-shows: If you do not show up to a video/telemedicine or in person appointment without notifying the specific person you have an appointment with either via email or by changing the appointment using the online scheduling tool on the patient portal, you will be charged $80 to the card on file.
Billing & Insurance
We Are Not A Conventional Primary Care Physician
For a few of our patients, we can take the place of a primary care physician. Because you can message us online during business hours, we are often able to take care of acute requests. For example, prescribing an antibiotic for an infection such as a sinus infection.
It is important to note the following however:
1. We do not fulfill an insurance company’s requirement for an in network primary care physician as we are not in-network with any insurance plan.
2. We are not available for same-day emergency appointments.
3. We do not have a 24-hour answering service and do not take calls on weekends. If you need to be seen urgently or have a medical emergency you would need to visit an ER or urgent care center.
We Do Not Bill Insurance Companies
Medical expenses such as lab tests and prescription medications may be covered by a patient’s health insurance plan per that plan’s rules.
Lisa Gold Family Health NP PLLC will not submit a medical claim to insurance on your behalf. We cannot assist you with claim resolution for our services.
We will provide you with a detailed billing summary for your first consultation that you may submit to your insurance for reimbursement. Your plan package could be covered via your FSA or HSA. It will not likely be covered by insurance. There may be lab tests that are not covered depending on your plan’s rules.
About Lab Tests
- Most lab tests ordered by a Lisa Gold, FNP will be billed directly to your insurance by the lab.
- Some lab tests we offer as part of our functional medicine testing program may not be covered by insurance and in these cases you will be charged a fee for a particular test by the lab.
- The specific tests ordered will be personalized to you based on your initial evaluation with Lisa Gold, FNP and may include blood, saliva, urine or stool testing.
- We will make every effort to make you fully aware of any additional lab fees that may be incurred and to give you the opportunity to choose which lab tests you feel comfortable paying for.
- You are under no obligation to purchase any specialty testing.
- Should any lab results indicate you may need further testing you will be directed to continue your care with your primary care physician or a relevant specialist, or should you choose you may continue to work with Lisa Gold, FNP.
- If your particular insurance company only pays for blood work done at a particular lab facility like LabCorp, you must inform us of this in advance of having blood work done. Most insurance plans cover labs done by major national labs – however, including Bioreference, which is a lab sometimes used by Lisa Gold, FNP because of their favorable pricing policies for patients.
Take The First Step Today On Your Journey Back To Health
Maybe you have some questions you’d like to ask before you make a decision on becoming a patient. Simply schedule your
15-minute complimentary chat appointment.